Requesting a new PAN card

Requesting a new PAN card

You may need to get a new PAN card if you have to update your address, or in case the existing PAN card is lost, or if the card has a old photograph which needs to be replaced. In these cases, the person already has a PAN card, but seeks a new card with updated details, or is seeking a duplicate card with the same number. The procedure is quite simple to follow.


The form ‘Request for New PAN Card Or/ And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data’ can be downloaded/submitted online from NSDLTIN website or the website of any other facilitator. The form has to be filled up with all details, including photograph.


If there are no changes in details, no new documents except for a copy of the old card and photograph is needed. If there is no proof of existing PAN card, the application is taken on good effort basis.


If the address or any other detail needs to be modified before re-issue, the applicant should provide proof of identity and address, date of birth, along with copy of the old PAN card and photograph.


Rs 107 is payable as fee for the issue of a new PAN card. If the address for delivery of the card is international, a fee of Rs 989 is payable.

Multiple PANs

It is illegal to have more than one PAN card. If you inadvertently hold more than one card, you must quote the other PANs and submit them for cancellation.

Tracking Status of Application

You can check the status of your PAN application using Acknowledgement Number at

Points to note

  • If a PAN card is lost even before it is delivered against a new application, the application submitted for PAN can be used as documentary proof, instead of a copy of the old PAN.
  • If the applicant is not an individual or HUF, it is mandatory to provide office address and proof of office address in case of applications for issue or re-issue of PAN cards.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *